As a Senior Engineer, you will work with a team of seasoned engineers from Apple, Tesla, Twitter, and Microsoft with a proven track record of building consumer scale applications.
We practice a development methodology based on subject mastery, a commitment to excellence, and trust.
Experience with Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm/Docker or other container orchestration technologies is a plus but not a requirement for this position.
Skills & Requirements
- 4-5+ years of senior level proficiency with GO (Golang) and deep knowledge of common practices and models within GO in past professional experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead / follow within a remote team.
- Experience creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Ensuring a clear dependency chain, in regard to the app logic as well as the file system.
- Validating user actions on the server side and providing responsive feedback.
- Creating custom, general use modules and components, which extend the elements and modules of core GO (Golang).
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts.
- 4+ years of experience in dev-ops
You should have a degree in computer science (or equivalent degree and/or experience) and a willingness to apply your critical thinking in fresh new ways. Experience working with, writing, and properly documenting solutions and APIs is a must.
You have worked in multiple languages, and bring expert level experience with GO and at least very strong working knowledge of Ruby/Rails.
Have experience with very high load message processing systems such as Kafka, SQS, Google Pub/Sub or equivalent technologies. You also will have a deep understanding of databases; Relational as well as NoSQL.
You exhibit a bias to action, avoid analysis paralysis, and understand when to make smart engineering tradeoffs.
At this time we are only accepting applications candidates based in Austin or San Francisco. Relocation is not offered, but remote (US based) work is approved.
Job Type: Full-time