Enola Labs is looking for a Senior Node.JS Software Engineer / Architect to join our team of architects, engineers and innovators. The Node.JS Software Architect/ Engineer is responsible for architecting, engineering and innovating within our customer Amazon cloud environments. We are looking for very senior engineers with interest in "raising the bar" within the entire engineering team. This position reports out of our Austin (Texas) location, but open to anyone in the US who can work extremely efficiently within a remote environment.
As a working architect and engineer; your responsibilities will include architecting, enabling, innovating and engineering within our customer AWS environments. This architect / engineer will also be responsible for recommending appropriate AWS solutions to support business area requirements.
In this role you will:
- Work with an awesomely talented team
- Architect, develop, and support full stack solutions, from whiteboard to fully deployed solutions
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable NodeJS code using best practices
- Work directly with customers within our more “waterfall” like requirements engineering processes
- Work within an Agile development environment that pivots quickly to focus on the most important things
- Collaborate with other engineers, architects, product managers, and user experience designers on a daily basis to identify the right technical solutions that achieve product goals
- Continuously broaden and deepen your skill set to solve new technical challenges
- Engineer within NodeJS to enable the optimization and orchestration of the backend solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- 6-8+ years of software development experience
- At least one (developer, DevOps, or architect) AWS Professional Certification
- At least 2-3 years working within AWS environments
- Significant experience debugging and deploying code on cloud based applications
- Ability to design and maintain deployment processes in large environments
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience also a nice to have)
- Multiple AWS Certifications.
- Experience leading technical pre-sales within an enterprise environment
- Previously a recognized leader within your team within a Fortune 200 company
- Domain experience in Healthcare, Energy, Manufacturing or Legacy Systems Migrations.
- Significant experience in requirements engineering within a more Waterfall like environment; with agile execution
- Experience in the engineering, deployment and optimization of serverless environments
- Willingness to travel, but at this time, there are no travel expectations with the role
- Passion to continue to evolve your engineering / architecture career
- Additional programming experience in Python
- Potential willingness to work out of our Austin (Texas) location